In today’s fast-paced world, we’re always looking for ways to make our lives easier and more efficient. One area where technology can come in handy is for scanning documents. Fortunately, if you have a smartphone, you don’t need to purchase a separate scanner – your phone can do the job just as well!
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use your smartphone as a scanner.
- Open the “Notes” app on your iPhone.
- Select a note or create a new one.
- Tap the Camera button, then tap Scan Documents.
- Position your document in front of the camera lens and make sure that it is properly aligned. You can use the yellow lines on the camera screen as a guide to help you align the document.
- If your device is in auto mode, your document will automatically scan. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the Shutter button to scan or press one of the Volume buttons. Then drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
- The image of the document will be inserted into the note you created. You can then adjust the crop of the image if needed by using the crop tool.
- Once you’re happy with the final scanned image, tap “Done” to save the note.
- If you want to share the scanned document, you can tap the “Share” button in the top right corner of the screen and share directly to our secure client portal ShareFile.
There are also many apps available on the App Store that can scan documents, such as Adobe Scan, Scanbot, Genius Scan, etc. We highly recommend Adobe Scan.
- First, you’ll need to download a scanning app from the Google Play Store. There are several options available, such as Adobe Scan, Scanbot, Genius Scan and Microsoft Office Lens. We highly recommend Adobe Scan.
- Once the app is installed, open it and select the “Scan” option.
- Position your document in front of the camera lens and make sure that it is properly aligned. Most scanning apps have built-in guides that will help you align the document correctly.
- Once you’re happy with the alignment, tap the camera button to take a picture of the document.
- The app will then automatically detect the edges of the document and crop the image accordingly. You can adjust the crop if needed by using the app’s editing tools.
- You can then add additional information to the scan, such as a title and tags, to help you organize your documents.
- If you want to share the scanned document, you can tap the “Share” button and select the ShareFile app.
- The scanned document will be saved in the app’s library, where you can easily access it later.
It’s worth noting that some apps have advanced features such as OCR (Optical Character Recognition) which can turn scanned documents into editable text, automatic document detection, and multi-page scanning. Some apps also have cloud integration, so you can store your scanned documents in the cloud and access them from anywhere.
In conclusion, by using a scanning app on your iPhone or Android phone, you can easily and quickly scan any document you need. This can save you time and money and make your life a little easier. With a wide range of scanning apps available on the App and Google Play Stores, you can find the one that best suits your needs. And by using the camera on your phone, you can take advantage of this powerful tool to scan documents with ease.